Etihad Business Class – Abu Dhabi to New York

Our flight to JFK was at an ungodly 4am. I decided (and the wife agreed) that we would get a room at the airport for the night rather than getting a hotel in Abu Dhabi itself and having to get a taxi so late at night. I booked the AUH hotel via and it was located in Terminal 1. After checking in our luggage around 8pm, we headed through security and immigration and it took 10 minutes to walk to the hotel.

The check in process was quick and efficient and we were handed the key to lucky number 13. The only minor complaint was the fact our room was directly facing the gates and we could see and hear the planes outside. This was fine for me as it was white noise and helped me to get to sleep faster.

It was a stroke of luck that we asked for a wake up call because I forgot to set my phone alarm. After the call, we quickly got ready and headed to the lounge for some food. Happy that the lounge was located closer to the US gates, so we had some time to relax before going through US immigration/security. Double happy because the lounge was empty and there was ample seating available. Triple happy that the buffet had some delicious food selections available.

After the delicious meal, we headed to US security/immigration (yay for GE) and headed to the EY US lounge. Good thing that we ate in the bigger lounge as the food selection in the US lounge was crap.

Boarding was eventually announced in the lounge and we made our way to the last gate. Boarding was already underway and it sucked that there was only one bridge for boarding. The line up was backed up into the terminal and took us 10 minutes to get onboard.

Once onboard, the crew welcomed us and I chose the OJ as the PDB – was not in a mood for champers (some will judge for this but I am ok with it :D)

The menu – was not impressed

My seat for the evening

Boarding was completed and we pushed back

Lining up

We outta here

Went to bed for a few hours. When I woke up, I ordered some food.

I chose the Kale and Sunchoke soup but the FA said catering actually loaded a Spicy Miso soup and I was more than happy to have that.

Went with the Chicken Margooga next – which was decent

Ended with the chocolate cake

I passed the time with movies. EY’s selection of movies and TV shows is ok when compared to EK.

With 2 hours to go, I ordered breakfast.

Wonderful view

Cornflakes to start

French Toast and Coffee

We arrived at JFK earlier than schedule

After getting off the plane

After collecting our bags, we took a taxi to LGA for our flight to Toronto. LGA definitely looking better than Pearson!

Was able to access the AC lounge with our 25k status. This lounge was way better looking than the disgrace of a lounge at Pearson.

The flight was pretty uneventful. The only highlight was Junior asking how to turn the seat into a bed for him to sleep.

Back at Pearson and the end to a crazy birthday celebration trip

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s